Makhanas, also called foxnuts or lotus seeds are derived from the Euryale ferox plant. They have been often used in traditional forms of medicine to treat various conditions. Makhana is an excellent source of several important nutrients and makes a great addition to a healthy, well-rounded diet. It contains a good amount of carbs in each serving and is also rich in several micronutrients, including calcium, magnesium, iron, and phosphorus. They’re also sometimes roasted and enjoyed as a savory snack or added to curries, side dishes, or desserts.
- Inflammatory properties: Fox nuts are rich in flavonoids, which are chemicals that reduce the risk of cardiovascular risk and reduce inflammation. They also have anti-bacterial properties and help you stay healthy
- High in antioxidants: Makhanas are rich in various antioxidants. Research shows that antioxidants play a key role in several aspects of health and may help protect against chronic conditions like heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- Anti-ageing: Makhanas make for great anti-ageing food because they have an abundance of antioxidants. A handful of makhanas every day can keep you looking younger and make your skin glow. The presence of antioxidants in makhanas makes them even better for digestive health.
- Good for digestion: The high fibre content in makhanas helps improve one's digestive health. Including them in your daily diet can help improve the bowel movement. In fact, regular consumption can help improve digestion and keep constipation at bay.
- May Strengthen your bones: We all know calcium plays a big role in keeping our bones strong and healthy. Makhanas have a decent amount of calcium, which makes them perfect for strengthening your bones.
- Aids in weight loss: Makhanas are rich in protein, which keeps one full for longer. This in turn stops one from overeating later. In addition to this, makhanas are low in calories, which makes them a perfect weight-loss snack. The least amount of saturated fats in makhanas make them even healthier.
- Improves heart health
The low amount of sodium and high amount of potassium in makhanas helps in keeping the blood pressure in check. The magnesium in makhanas helps improve the quality of blood and oxygen in the body. Low magnesium levels in the body increase the risk of heart disease.
Buy Now: Five Flavours - Makhana Combo